If you love watching the History channel or bingeing on History facts on Netflix, my friend, you’re in luck! Today, you’ll enjoy 10 awesome History trivia facts to entertain your brain.
Ready? Here we go!
10. How many U.S. Presidents have been assassinated, and who were they? When you think about this, only the most recent come to mind. Or, at least the ones we keep hearing about like John F. Kennedy. But actually, there are 4 U.S. Presidents who were assassinated. Abraham Lincoln, James A. Garfield, William McKinley, and, of course, John F. Kennedy.
9. Which World Leader, who came to power in 1949, is famous for his “Little Red Book”? How much do you know about the Little Red Book? Included is Mao’s famous remark that “political power grows out of the barrel of a gun”. By now you realize that Leader was Mao Zedong or Mao Tse-tung.
8. What three colors appear on the Italian flag? Often mistaken for Mexico’s flag, it contains the same colors; red, white, and green.
7. What was the name of the first Space Shuttle to go into space? Does Apollo come to mind? Most people think it was Apollo. but, it was actually the Space Shuttle Columbia, which launched on April 12, 1981.
6. Who was shot outside the Hilton Hotel in Washington on March 30, 1981? Even if you live under a rock or were too young, you MUST somehow remember who this was. If you said Ronald Reagan, you are correct.
5. Who was president during the U.S. Civil War? There are a lot of documentaries and movies on the topic. And, you should watch some of them. That President was Abraham Lincoln.
4 MORE TRIVIA FACTS TO GO
4. How did Alexander the Great solve the puzzle of the Gordian knot? There was a variation of this question on one of our Jack Trivia games. So, this may come up again. But, the answer is: he cut it with his sword. Wow, thinking outside the box.
3. Which Russian astronaut was the first man to conduct a spacewalk? When it comes to Space, we Americans tend to believe we were first for everything, lol. Well, I’m here to tell you we weren’t. In fact, it was Alexey Leonov. Sorry, not sorry?
2. Who became President of the United States after John F. Kennedy was assassinated in 1963? As incredible as it is, most people don’t know this answer. I have asked it many times and very few have guessed it. Remember a guy by the name of Lyndon B. Johnson? Yup, that’s the guy!
1. Which war only lasted around 45 minutes? You read that right. There was a real war that started and ended within 45 minutes. That was was the Anglo-Zanzibar War, which was between the UK and Zanzibar. Wish our wars had resolved that fast.
Did you learn something from today’s 10 awesome History Trivia Facts? I hope so. Make sure to apply them to the next game of trivia.
Come play trivia with me. Find a Jack Trivia location near you. Show off all that history knowledge that’s banging around your head dying to get out. All that boring stuff you learned in school that you never thought would come handy is now going to pay off.
Have you played FaceMatch Friday with me? Your chance to win $250. Details at Jack Trivia.