Most people in the U.S. don’t know a whole lot about the big Cinco. No, I’m not talking about the mayo in the sink below. Get it? Anyway, today I bring you 6 Insane 5 De Mayo Trivia Facts you did not know…or did you?
6. What 2 former Presidents used the big Cinco to connect with Latinos? President George W Bush and President Obama. Orale! Si Se Puede!
5. How many Avocados are devoured by Americans on Cinco de Mayo? Over 81 million pounds! Holy Guacamoly!
4. What do most Americans get wrong about 5 De Mayo? They think it’s Mexico’s Independence Day. Hey, write this down; Mexico’s Independence is the 16th of September.
3. Why is Cinco De Mayo popular in America? In 1933, Franklin D. Roosevelt enacted the “Good Neighbor Policy” to improve relations with Latin American Countries. As a result, Mexican-Americans embraced it and it grew in popularity.
2. What Cinco de Mayo drink takes in the most cash? If you thought Corona, you are wrong! Let’s give it up to the good old tasty Margarita selling at over $2 BILLION!